Sanibel Lighthouse

Photo

Sanibel Lighthouse

Map

Address:

910 Fitzhugh Street
Sanibel , FL 33957

Region:

South

Phone:

(239) 472-4648

Website:

View Website

First lit on August 20, 1884, the Sanibel Lighthouse is now on the grounds of a city park. The lighthouse was automated and unmanned in 1949 and the dwellings taken over by the U.S. Department of the Interior.  The site is now used as the headquarters of the J.N. "Ding" Darling National Wildlife Refuge.

The Sanibel lighthouse is closed to the public and the keepers’ dwellings are residences for city employees. Visitors to the park may walk the grounds only.

For more information, visit the Sanibel Historical Village and Museum.