Knott House Museum

Photo

Knott House

Map

Address:

301 East Park Avenue
Tallahassee, FL 32301

Region:

Northwest

Phone:

850-922-2459

Website:

View Website

Built in 1843, most likely by free black builder George Proctor, the Knott House served as temporary Union Headquarters in 1865, where Brigadier General Edward McCook announced the Emancipation Proclamation. Restored to its 1928 appearance, the house reflects local history through the lives of the William and Luella Knott family, who occupied the house in 1928. The Knott House Museum contains permanent and rotating exhibits on Tallahassee’s past.